Here is what my TODO list looks like today. It’s a GitHub project board. I stole this idea from some folks and it has made me feel way more productive at tracking what I’m working on.
I’ve often used various ways of maintaining my “work” TODO list: Evernote, Google Task lists, Email, a text file. The main drawback of all of these is that they are static lists.
Using a project board has afforded me a few things that I love:
- Use markdown and cards to make more rich TODO items.
- Link off to the things you’re working on, if you’re using GitHub issues.
- Multiple columns to split your work up and track it.
- Mostly *not* mobile friendly which means I stop checking it when I’m not at work (ie not on my phone).
- Simple link to your TODO list.